hier klicken für deutsche Version (click here for german race information)
Please contact us if you have any questions – we will be happy to provide you with information. You’ll find our contact details at the end of this page.
Information on the Coronavirus
At the moment it is not yet possible to make a reliable statement whether we will be able to hold such a big event again (on 6 December). „It is to be hoped, the team is ready“, says project manager Gerold Knisel.
We are monitoring the current Covid-19 situation. We will inform you in time about the effects of Corona on the organisation of the 45th itdesign-Nikolauslauf Tübingen. Our event is still scheduled for December 6th, 2020.
We will keep you up to date via newsletter or our social media channels. You can also find all important updates here in our race information.
- Post-SV Tübingen e.V. / Organization committee itdesign-Nikolauslauf Tübingen
- Responsible: Gerold Knisel
- Possible from September 22th, 2020: Online on our website (or by e-mail on request)
- A list with all participants will be published online – each participant will also get an E-mail as a confirmation of registration. (If you do not receive any mail please also check your spam folder.)
- If you have any problems at the registration (e.g. trouble with payment), contact us! At the end of this page, you will find our contact details. We’ll find a solution.
Start & finish
- Start: December 6th, 2020, 10:00 am, Waldhäuser Straße 118, 72076 Tübingen (200 meters from the EXPO/registration. You can find all the locations here on a map.
- The race will take place in any weather conditions.
- You can purchase the official itdesign-Nikolauslauf collection and other running equipment at the different merchandising booths in the sports hall/gym.
- Sporting goods manufacturers, sport department stores and various suppliers present themselves and other goods for running and -fitness. Besides, marathon organizers from Germany and Europe inform about their events.
- Further information and EXPO map with all exhibitors.
Closing date for registration
- 8th November 2020 or when the maximum number of participants is reached.
- 27,00 € (EURO). There will be no refund if you cannot start.
How to get there
- Please check out this page for further information about how to reach us.
- The parking lots are limited. Please park your car in the residential area close to the start or use public transportation (more information here).
- With your notifying confirmation, you can use public transportation in the TüBus/Naldo-area for free.
Race office/changing rooms/shower
- Race office/changing rooms/shower at the gym of the Geschwister-Scholl-school (Berliner Ring 33, 72076 Tübingen).
- Further showers in the indoor swimming pool Hallenbad Nord.
- You can pick up your starting documents on December 5th, 2020 from 13.00 pm until 17.00 pm or on December 6th from 7.30 am at the gym of the Geschwister- Scholl- school.
Timekeeping and start
- Your start number includes the timing system.
- We start in three start-groups with a 4 mins distance to avoid jams on the track. The start-numbers have different colors. The groups are divided using the time you specified during registration.
- Starting group 1: white start numbers
- Starting group 2: blue start numbers
- Starting group 3: yellow start numbers
- The time will be recorded automatically at the starting line.
- The finish will be closed after 2:30 hours, Your time will not be recorded if you reach the finish later.
- The itdesign-Nikolauslauf is a precisely measured half-marathon run (21,0975 kilometers). Also, it is an officially approved road run.
- You run through the Schönbuch nature-parc on fine graveled forest paths, 8,5 km of the track is paved. The maximum height difference is 82 meters. Check out the race track plan and the height-profile here.
- Functional running shirt – for each runner
- itdesign-Nikolauslauf surprise
- Exchange-possibility for your start place, if you can’t start
- Running-fair at the gym of the Geschwister-Scholl-school
- Free use of public transportation in the TüBus/Naldo-area with your start number
- Massage service
- Free print of certificates for every participant in the gym after the race
- Online-results with a 10km split.
- Photo-service (sportonline-foto.de)
- Every participant of 2020 will also get race information in 2021 (only postal-addresses in Germany)
- Newsletter-service with actual pieces of information (only in German)
- …and last but not least more than 200 friendly helpers of the Nikolauslauf event-crew!
Storing of valuables
- You can store valuables for free at the information-point in the gym.
- optionally you can buy running-clothes with our Nikolauslauf-branding. More information here.
- After the race at 13.00 pm at the entrance hall of the Geschwister-Scholl-school.
- The first 8 runners (male/female) will be honored at the ceremony.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place: medals in gold, silver, and bronze & valuable material prizes.
- individual competition
- male/female scoring
- youth: year of birth 2000 to 2003, the minimum age is 16.
- the 5 best male runners of a team
- the 3 best female runners of a team
- Men: 1:07:15 hours / Dieter Baumann (LAV Asics Tübingen), 2005
- Woman: 1:17:25 hours / Anaïs Sabrié (LAV Stadtwerke Tübingen), 2019
- We organize a test-run on November 15th, 2020 at 10.00 am. The run will take place on the original race track. The Start is at the sports center of SSC Tübingen (Address: Waldhäuser Straße 148, 72076 Tübingen).
- This is a private event, every participant takes part at his own risk!
- Sunday, December 6th, 2020, 9.00 am, Dietrich-Bonhoeffer-Church
- The itdesign-Nikolauslauf is carried out according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Association (DLV) and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) under supervision of the DLV. This applies to runners with and without a DLV starting pass. The adherence to the above mentioned sporting rules will be controlled and recorded by the competition supervision of the federation.
- The international anti-doping regulations of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) must be complied.
- Race execution according to DLO.
- No Babyjogger allowed.
- This international race information is an shortened version of our german race information. Read all competition rules and information here in the german version.
- We reserve the right to make changes due to current events.
Any Questions? Contact us: